Wednesday, October 06, 2010

A Conscious Decision

A good friend told me
that by making a conscious effort
to hold my mind over my heart
to do the right thing even if my heart refuses
is what He wants us to do
in that He wants us to always do the right thing
no matter the circumstance
no matter what my heart desires.
It's a conscious decision
to do what is right
even if you don't want to.

But...
What about when you're unconscious...
When you're asleep...?

I've sinned in my sleep.

God...

I surrender my body, into Your control
when I am not in control of myself
please take control
when I am not awake
please take control.


God...

Please bless my dear, dear friend,
Suyin.

And I pray, please give her a clear, definite answer to the question that burdens her mind rite now.

Also

please

Embrace her when she feels lonely
Let her feel Your warmth when she's depressed
Whisper in her ears, when she doesn't want to talk
Let her know You're always there when she tries to run away
There are these things in life
That I believe she should enjoy
The things in life that
Make life a much more pleasant temporary home
The things in life that
Only You can give to her.


Goodnight God.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love that poetry.

Hey! How come no poetry for your mom?

11:07 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home