Sunday, September 22, 2013

Compromise

I've always been the one compensating and compromising. I've always been at the losing end of conflicts because I want to 'jaga' people's feelings and not offend them

I just want someone who'll try to understand where I'm coming from and compensate for me instead. See it from my point of view. Sympathise with me. Give in, while still maintaining your own viewpoints. Argue based on facts, and try to explain and get your points across. Not go "you won't understand" and just leave it at that or avoid the topic entirely, leaving me feeling disgruntled

Compromise. Not guilt trip me to agreeing with whatever outcome you want. Not making one-sided and selfish decisions, and saying "forgive me for being selfish" over and over again. Once in a while is fine. When it's your every major decision, please, realise that something is wrong. A person has only so much patience and emotional strongholds to hold both sides of the friendship up. You wanna be a friend, pull your own weight.

Friends care for each other. A friend will naturally want to know what's going on with your life. Make some major decision and don't tell them, and your basically single-handedly ruining the friendship. Put it simply, if you love God, you try to know Him more, by reading the Bible. If you love your friend, you try to know them more by asking and finding out what's going on with their lives. What if God refused to tell you about Himself and took your bible away? You have no means of learning about Him. How long can you claim to love Him when you know nothing about Him? How can you claim to be a friend when you don't know anything about your friend?

In the same way, why would you keep important details of your life, details that other people seem to know but your close or best friend doesn't, and yet still refuse to tell them anything? Then tell them "I'll tell you another time" and let 3 months pass and they have to ASK you before you tell them, when everything is over and the whole world knows about it? Where is the Trust? Where is the responsibility and faithfulness as a friend?

Yes, I'm frustrated. Frustrated that God made me empathetic to relationships, be is friends or more. I'm doomed to experience disappointment and depression over and over until I go insane because I care.

I want to turn off my emotions so much

I wish I had a work mode I could leave perpetually on. 0 emotions.

Saves me from feeling all this pain inside.

All this pain

It hurts

People cut themselves to divert their brain's attention to the much less painful physical hurt.

It hurts so bad

Please make it stop

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home