Saturday, June 14, 2008

Contemplations of the Unworthy

Aslan: Rise, Kings and Queens of Narnia.

*Peter, Edmund and Whatshername rises. Caspian remains kneeled*

Aslan: ALL of you.

Caspian: I do not think I am ready.

Aslan: It is for that reason, you are.

~~~


Those were the utterly most inspiring and heartbreaking (in a good way) words I have heard for... For the year, I think. Or maybe even the decade. Or in my life.

I was so touched, I almost started to cry. Too bad my maid was around.

Yes, I've just watched Narnia 2 only today. And for those of you who thought it sucked, you can go dig a hole and hide innit. Because I, a film graduate, proclaim that it was good.

Yeah, I'm a film student so I shud have extra credit >D



I've always felt in my life that I'm unworthy of this, that I'm not good enough for that. I didn't dare make any moves on her because I felt that I was unworthy of her. She's strong in her faith, she's got great dreams and she's already living out part of them, her future career will be to help people.

And what am I? Some half-assed Christian who wallows in his own self-pity, knowing his problems yet not willing to seek out the answers or the actions to solve them, putting up a farce in front of others telling them the things he won't do yet inside he knows that he's just as bad as everyone else; a hypocrit. I'm not close with Him, I don't know if I love Him, I don't fulfill my duties to Him, I live life dreading the next day that comes even though I preach for others to be thankful for today and look forward for tomorrow.



Yet, it is because I think that I'm unworthy, I am. It is because I believe that there is so much more that I should and could be doing, it is because I believe that there is so much more to improve on, it is because that I see my own faults, that I am worthy. (well it could mean that I'm worthy of her, but that's not what I meant. srsly)


I think I'll be signing up for the water baptism classes sometime soon. I finally have the courage and the faith to follow in His footsteps. It is because I think that I am not ready to be baptised, that I AM ready. A paradox that makes absolute sense.

No, I haven't been for water baptism yet.

I was baptised as an infant. Even then, it was through the sprinkling of water, not immersion. My church prefers baptism by immersion. Also, baptism as a person who understands and calls the Lord Jesus his personal saviour. Not as a baby who would just get annoyed cuz water got splashed on it. him. her. w/e.

Yes, yours truly hasn't been through proper water baptism yet. Yes, it's believable, no I'm not lying -_-;;



"You are not unworthy, you are not useless. You are worthy in the Lord" was never a real uplifter to me. So what if I'm good in someone's eyes? I could be a good student to someone who's at the bottom of the class. But what good does that do? Nothing.

"It is because you think you're not ready, that you are." Now THAT hit the spot. *cries*




God

Thank You for your uplifting words. And thank You for inspiring the person who wrote Narnia. He truly is a blessed man indeed.


God, bless Jun, Jas, Ivan, Ben, and Sylkis.

And my blogreaders too. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home