Friday, May 23, 2008

Some People Wait a Lifetime for a Moment Like This

Lord Set Me Free

Lord I'm bound, broken, torn
My life is in confusion
I'm disappointed with myself today
The only word for me is 'disarrayed'

I need You here with me
You never will forsake me
Please save me from my sins, I pray
Please light my path and show me the way

Lord set me free, heal my heart
Make me whole today
Lord I give to you, all I am
All I need is You
Lord fill my heart with joy unknown
Make me who I'm meant to be
Lord set me free
Lord set me free

I need you here with me
You never will forsake me
Please save me from my sins I pray
Please light my path and show me the way

Lord set me free, heal my heart
Make me whole today
Lord I give to You, all I am
All I need is You
Lord fill my heart with joy unknown
Make me who I'm meant to be
Lord set me free
Lord set me free

As I enter Your grace
You greet me with an embrace
All my fears and sorrows melt away
My burdens all at Your feet I lay

Lord Set Me Free, heal my heart
Make me whole today
Lord I give to You, all I am
All I need is You
Lord fill my heart with joy unknown
Make me who I'm meant to be
Lord set me free
Lord set me free

Copyright - Brian- 2008
~~~~~~~

She didn't tell me today T_T She REALLY knows how to keep me in zombified mode T_T (ah but a woman who plays hard to get becomes all the more interesting to work for and all the more satisfying to have won over. Wait what am I saying?).

Then again, she probably forgot. Or she's exhausted preparing for her parents to come home tomorrow (today actually lol)


And yes, that's a song I wrote. Sometime early this year. Or was it last year, I can't remember. I wanted to have it recorded on my own time with a guitar and posted somewhere so you could actually HEAR it... But I guess that's not gonna happen soon. Plus it might get stolen... Since I don't actually HAVE it copyrighted...

Ah well... :/

It was written regarding the usual e-mail address I use. My mom kept nagging at me, saying that with an e-mail like that it's no wonder I AM bound, broken and torn.

Hey, it's a poetically beautiful e-mail address. Poetically depressing yeah, but it's still poetically beautiful! ;_;

Anyway, someone suggested a new address the opposite of it. I couldn't think of one that rang nicely like 'bound broken torn'. I mean, it's just beautiful. 'Free fixed and sewn-back-together' doesn't really sound all that nice to me.

So it became 'Set me free, heal my heart, make me whole'. It's probably the first proper song I've written so far (the other one, Squeeze My Breath Away I think it was called, didn't really have a good rythm or melody to it. Besides, it really sounds scary now that I remind myself of the lyrics. It's a suicidal song lol! But I was feeling rather suicidal then so yeah...

Anyway for those of you who've read this and want to hear the actual thing, I guess you could ask me to sing it out for you. But note that I'll ONLY sing it if I have a guitar (acoustic or classical doesn't matter) with me. I'm not gonna sing it a-capella -_- (or however that thing's spelt).

And that title is from a song by Kelly Clarkson. Sounds really nice.

"For a moment like this, some people wait a lifetime
For a moment like this, some people search forever
For that one special kiss
Ooh I can't believe it's happening to me
Some people wait a lifetime for a moment~
Like This"

KRUPKE WE'VE GOT TROUBLES OF OUR OWN

bwahahaha

Okay. Time to sleep. Dotaed today and had fun pwning their asses :P (I lost once, but it was a close fight. Then again my hero wasn't suited for hero-killing, and my teammate was horrible at his hero :P)


And I have no idea what's wrong with my stomach. Or colone. Or cologne. Cold-lone. However you spell the darned thing. I went to the toilet, and it was waxy. Was a pain to wash it off. Well not exactly, but it really got me worried.

I think I might be dying. T_T Something's so wrong with me T_T




God

umm... Yeah... Please grant me more perseverance and patience. I have no patience.

And bless Jun, Ivan, Ben, Jas, and Sylkis :)

Goodnight babes.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The love of God is something I've yet to experience. All these years as a Christian, I have behaved like I knew what it was - because I really thought that I knew. But now I realize that I've only had the substitute. I have never really experienced the love of God for myself. I don't know what it tastes like or what it looks like. People tell me things like: the only way to know the love of God is through others. Well, that's what I thought too, up till now.

The love of God cannot be substituted. It is a lie of the devil that the love of God can ONLY be experienced through others. It CAN be experienced through others, but that's not the ONLY way to receive the love of God. If fact, it SHOULD NOT be the ONLY way to receive the love of God. If you felt like you have only always received the love of God through others and not firsthand, then you seriously have to consider where you stand right now and how deep your relationship with God really is. This teaching is a lie - a substitute of the truth itself.

So how then do we experience the original love of God? Firsthand. If you heard that you cannot receive the love of God firsthand, then note that that teaching came from those who have never experienced the love of God for themselves, and therefore, came up with the conclusion that it was impossible to receive the love of God firsthand - I know that's how I came up with that conclusion many years ago.

When did I realize that the love of God can be received firsthand? When I heard a man who shared his experiences with us - how he experienced the love of God firsthand, and ever since then, that passion has grown within me - the passion to experience the love of God firsthand. To speak with the LORD Himself, face to face. I don't see why not. I believe we all deserve the right to have the original, don't you?

Don't give up the passion. Don't believe the lie. If you seek Him, you will find Him, and see Him as He is. We all deserve the original. There is no second-class son-ship in Heaven. Don't believe the lie.

1 John 3:2-3

Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is. And everyone who has this hope in Him purifies himself, just as He is pure.

We must have the hope. Keep hoping - this is what God asked us to do. It is His commandment.

9:53 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooops.. commented wrongly - too sleepy. What I meant to say was:

God is here, even if you don't feel him. The Holy Spirit is always trying to talk to you - even if you don't realize it.

Brian, all you need to do is learn to hear the voice of God. The Bible says in John 10:27, "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me."

There are a few ways of hearing from God and one of them is reading the Bible. When we read the Bible, we have to be very sure where God wants us to read before we read.

Instead of just following a Bible Reading plan, ask God to show you which passage He wants you to read before you read. Then, close your eyes and wait.

Sometimes, God gives an impression to you - you may see it, for example, 'John.... 33:16'. Then, go to your Bible and read the whole chapter - maybe this is it.

The first few times, we may make mistakes, e.g. chapter 33 doesn't exist. Then perhaps it was 16:33?

After a few times, you may get more and more accurate. It's like playing baseball - the first few times you strike, you might miss but then as you keep practicing, you get the hang of it.

God loves you, Brian and He wants you to hear Him more than you want to hear Him yourself. He wants you to know His love more than you want it yourself.

The hunger within you to be loved by God was created by God Himself. He put it there. But His love for you is more than your love for Him.

He loves it when you talk to Him, and create poems like this. But it hurts the Holy Spirit when you think that He is so far away because He is actually right inside you.

Sometimes, when you feel your consciousness speaking to you, it may not be you - it may be the Holy Spirit and it sounds like yourself. But the Holy Spirit speaks to us in our hearts - He can tell us what not to do and what to do and we have to be sensitive to the Holy Spirit. We have to learn to hear His voice.

His longing for you is real and evident and He cannot deny it any longer. All this while, He was the one who has been waiting for us. And His patience to us is so great.

It's been so many years and all He ever wanted was a really close relationship with you. When you read the Bible, try to ask God a question before reading, and write down whatever He speaks to you while you read.

It helps ;)

2:04 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home