Sunday, January 01, 2006

The New Year

What does it mean to you? To have officially lived another year, to go into the new year which is 2006? What have you planned ahead of you? What do you expect? What do you want within this year to happen? What wishes do you hope will come true for you?



To me, all those questions... Mean nothing. Nothing much at least. Expecting what I want to happen is the least of the things that WILL happen. At least, according to my experiences and logic. I want so many things. Yet, I know I won't get them that soon, or probably will never.


It was a quiet new year celebration for me. I was on the computer, in an irc channel chatting (more like in the background watching all that's happening) with my forum friends. At the same time in msn messenger, watching my friends chat with each other in shared channels.


I wanted to go out with some friends. Just sit down and chat over drinks, over maybe hit the arcades and have fun together.


But then, the closest of my friends aren't ones who enjoy arcades the way I do. They don't mind sitting down and chatting over drinks, but then again they're busy. They've probably got their own new year plans anyway.


I wanted to look for a job for the new year and the whole of january. Then I got lazy. Wait, I've always been lazy. Ah well, I don't know what kind of job would suit me anyway. I'm not the kind of person who will take his time to look for a job. I'd rather... Sit at home and "Vegetate in front of my computer". I can at least keep in contact with my friends over irc channels or messenger. I'd rather be out, but there's nowhere to go. Those whom I have their phone numbers are either busy or at home. *sigh*


I'm going to choose my major for my degree this year, this coming semester. I'll be going into broadcasting I guess, it's where I excell at I guess. I've always been one to tackle life strategically. And so, I'll rely on my strengths to survive. Or rather, get through the next sem. I wanted to do multimedia at first, and as one of my former lecturers said, "You'll definitely excel in Multimedia. You learn very fast, you'll have no problem in it. But Broadcasting is where you should go. The stage is your life. That is where your passion will propel you to excell even further than you would in Multimedia." I guess I find that pretty true, considering I've got plenty of experience in amateur acting. And performing. I love performing. Thank God that He created performances. The stage is my life. My life... Is an act. My role? As some important part, unknown to me, but known only to God Himself. And if my life is horrible now, I can be sure I'm playing an important role. After all, Satan wouldn't waste his time playing with those who don't pose a threat to him. It's strategically not logical.


I Stand All Alone - Bryan White
Soundtrack - Quest For Camelot

Like every tree stands on its own
Reaching for the sky I stand alone.
I share my world with no one else.
All by myself I stand alone.

I know the sound of each rock and stone
And I embrace what others feel.
You are not to roam in this forgotten place,
Just the likes of me, you're welcome here.
Everything breathes and I know each breath
For me it means life for others it's death.
It's perfectly balanced, perfectly planned,
More than enough for this man.

Like every tree stands on its own
Reaching for the sky I stand alone.
I share my world with no one else.
All by myself I stand alone.

I've seen your world with these very eyes
Don't come any closer, don't even try
I've felt all the pain and heard all the lies
But in my world there's no compromise

Like every tree stands on its own
Reaching for the sky I stand alone.
I share my world with no one else.
All by myself I stand alone.



I liked the song the moment I heard it. I find that it suits me well. I even like the lyrics. I like the Melody, the music, everything about it.

I like it.



God, thank you for Music. I don't know how boring life would be without it.






On another note... BBT is back. I missed her so much. *hugz* I dont' know if that's good or bad, but if it's bad, I'll turn it into something good. I love you, BBT.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, i've been looking for that song for ages? do you have it?=D

10:37 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home