Of Two Worlds Mould Into One
I've been feeling so lonely this 1/2 year... I've felt so cold and all alone... Without anyone to hold close... Without people to share my problems with... When people blog about their problems, I ask them how they are... Ask them if I can help... Give them words of encouragement that really cheers and brings them back up... I feel so thankful for this gift, that I am able to help my friends... Yet... Why is it that no one is around when I need someone to just give ME the words of encouragement I give others...?
I'm thankful for that gift too. It's unlike many people's. The gift of being an encouragement and lifting people's spirits is indeed very special. However, you do know that having such an important gift means more trouble, don't you? And since the gift is practiced so much, more trouble will definitely arise... I give you encouraging words too, don't I?
I know... But it's not the same, coming from you... From you, I have your full attention all the time... I love you for that... But being an attention seeker, you know full very well that even though it should, having someone this close's full attention just isn't the same...
Yes I know... All too well too...
Which is why I'm sure you understand what I'm saying... Why doesn't anyone give attention...? Am I... That horrible a person...? Am I that worthles that no one will even see...? Am I...
A Nobody...?
Well in some ways... We are nobodies... We're the ones who care for others when they say nobody will... We're the ones who encourage them when they say "Nobody will"...
You know what I mean...
Ok, jokes aside... No you're not horrible at all. In fact, you're wonderful. Such a wonderful person that sometimes people get scared being around you. It's because... In so many ways, you seem too perfect in their eyes that they get frightened being around you. You can excel in so many different areas if you put your heart to it. People are frightened of things way beyond their understanding and things that are far beyond their limits. Sometimes you just have to accept that. You can't change who you are. You have your flaws too, but when you cover them so well, it's difficult for people to see through you. And don't say you're worthless. If you're worthless, problems won't even exist in your life. Lucifer wouldn't bother messing with you.
I guess you're right... You ARE right most of the time anyway... But still... How can I be that good a person...? Most people don't pay much attention to me at all... Unless we're talking face to face with no one else around...
Don't you want that...? You love personal attention...
Yes I want that too, and I appreciate anyone who gives me such personal attention... But... A crowd's attention is different... I don't want everyone to be focused on me you know... I just want... People to notice me... As... As SOMEONE they know, like and love...
That's wanting everyone to be your friend... You know what we talked about having everyone as friends right?
Yes I know... But... Isn't the attention... Really... Something you want too...?
I admit, I want it too. But we can't have everything. If we have to live without the attention that we crave so much, then we'll just have to.
I know... But it's just so... So empty... So... Bare... So... So...
Lonesome...?
Yes...
*sigh*
You feel it too... Don't you...?
Of course I do... I know it just as well as you do... But... We have to press on... We can't be stagnant in life, hoping that things will not change... One day, people will go, and if we stay behind hoping that things won't change, we'll get lost...
*sigh* I know you're right... I don't like to admit that what you said is right, but it is... And I can't deny that...
We'll just have to move on. We'll always be together, and we can make it. Especially with divine help.
I guess we will... I've still got lots of doubts though...
Doubts are fine. Doubts are normal. We're humans, we're bound to have doubts. Just don't let it cloud your judgement.
Don't worry... I won't... You know I never did...
Yes I know. Just a reminder.
Our Heavenly Father, I pray that one day, You will give all the attention that the heart can ever crave for. Thank you for giving the gift of encouragement. Thank you that it is used well and for Your glory as well. I hope that You will make a way so that that same gift can be enjoyed by your servant.
In Jesus's most precious name, Amen.


2 Comments:
dude, the entire blog was quite freaking to me man... didn't know what it was all about in the 1st place till i realized you were talking to yourself or rather BBT if i'm not mistaken..
but about the conversation that you had with BBT, i would like to again add that, maybe you should try to stop seeking attention and it will come to you... don't you think that maybe at times you try just a bit too hard, no? besides, what's the use of having so much attention for right? dude, seriously man.. it's not about the attention, it's more about the recognition.. you don't need people to pay attention to you to know who you are and what you're capable of doing.. as long as they recognize it, it's good enough..
plus, you have the gift of words to lift people up... isn't that what's important? doing something out of the heart without expecting anything in return? believe it or not, you get more attention that you actually know... but sometimes, people just don't show it straight to you.. just keep it cool and casual man.. people will see you for who you are.. you don't have to do stuff to make people notice you cuz they already do.. so chill aight? =)
oh, and i was just wondering about WDT.. hahaha.. sounds like a plate number man.. WDT 2054... hahahaha.. =p sorry, just had to do it... yeah, anyways... relax man and don't think too much about all this attention thingy.. believe me, sometimes too much attention is not good.. lol.. well, i'll see you around aight.. ciao! =)
I ditto Benjamin!!! That's because I find that I honestly cannot string proper sentences on how I feel about this, but his words are about what my heart feels.
You're trying too hard, and it's driving you to seek it for the wrong reasons.
-sy-
Post a Comment
<< Home