Tuesday, July 25, 2006

I Am Of My Own

Betrayal


It happens everywhere. Especially in the corporate world.




Fake friends.


It happens everywhere. Especially in the corporate world.




No rest, No mercy, No matter what.


It happens everywhere. Especially in the corporate world.




All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy; but it makes him a good employee.


It happens everywhere. Especially in the corporate world.




Uncalled for harshness, unending rudeness, no understanding and no care for underlings' health and feelings.


It happens everywhere. Especially in the corporate world.




Taking a person's socialising life and everything within it, even if it's the most precious thing to that person away.


It happens everywhere. Especially in the corporate world.







Why do the majority of the people in the world suffer from severe work pressure? Because "in the working world, things are different".


To me, that is utter bullshit that could never beat anything else. One of the most powerful lies of the Devil that destroys many people's lives.


If it is true, that in the working world morals and core values, personal feelings and understandings, politeness and overall good characteristics can/are to be thrown away and disregarded, lost and not found or otherwise not even thought of to practise,

then I never ever want to re-enter the working world.




I argued with my mother one night about a person's decision. We were watching 'Apprentice' and in this episode, the men lost. The team in one voice blamed one person to be responsible for their loss - that he was unable to work with, very irresponsible and would take actions into is own hands and deal with matters himself. Everyone worked as a team and it was a team effort; this man had to go against the whole tide and disrupt everything. He couldn't even handle the task of 'traffic control' efficiently.

In the end as a team loses, the team leader has to bring one member of the team back into the boardroom to meet Donal Trump, the big boss of the whole show and one Trump would fire someone. The leader only brought the man the team blamed to be responsible, though Trump gave him many chances to think of who to bring as he was given a choice of 2 people. 1 team member brought up that the person in charge of art direction was to blame because the first 'i' in 'Italian' was put in lowercase by him, because in the font the lowercase looked nicer. The leader still took the man they blamed in, and ONLY him.

The leader got fired. Trump said over and over again that he had given him the chance to bring the art director in, but he had refused the offer. That's what got him fired.




This is where my mom and I got into an argument.


She believes that at that point, it wouldn't matter anymore who this person was; it was the leader's chance to grow in that sense, so he should have brought the art director in in order to save his place in the show. They were only teammates until the show was over and once it was over, they wouldn't know each other anymore and they would continue back to their own lives.

My understanding is that 'since this is only short term, we should disregard them as friends and halt our dignity and responsibility as a person to them, and take the opportunity to soar ahead.



I believe that it was the right thing for him to do.

As a team leader, it is his responsibility to take the blame for whatever happens to the people he trusts. As a team, they pointed out the man they blamed. He did too. He trusted the art director, and accepted his decision. By doing this, anything else that failed under any of those he trusted would be his fault, him to blame and no one else. He accepted that fact under such extreme circumstances - a choice between money & power, or his morals, core values and dignity as a person. He chose to lose the material possessions.

I personally respect him for his decision. He took in full control his whole mind, and made sure he followed the rules that humanity had sub-conciously set for everyone - to stick to the right morals and core values, and never disregard them no matter what happens.

If I were a CEO of a big company, he would be the first man I would hire to manage my staff. He would be able to handle everything right, and treat them well at the same time. Anything that goes wrong beneath those he trusts would be taken in by him. I would definitely respect him for that; more than Donald Trump. Trump only cares about his business and how he gains money from it.

How often do you see these super-rich people donating their obscenely over-excessive amount of money for the good of mankind?

If they had taken into helping OTHER people and NOT themselves all the the time, things would've been a lot better for starving countries and homeless people.

But in reality, they don't.

They just "don't have the time to do it".

Where in reality, it's just "non-profitable".







From today till the day I see fit, this blog shall be less frequently updated. Or not at all. I have hardly time to sleep, much less do the things I really really WANT to do.

The 'different world: the corporate world" has taken all my time from me.

No time to do anything at all.







Don't get me wrong, not every company is like what I described above.

But I can safely bet that almost all are that way.


One people said, "Be reasonable, spend 1 day working and the other day here where you are commited. Then it's fair."

Then HE said,"This cannot happen all the time! These people are being PAID by US to BE HERE! What do YOU want ME to do about it? This is just too much! This has happened for the past few weeks and it has GOT TO STOP!"

All I asked was if I could skip the rehearsal this coming Thursday from the choir I'm in. Before this even with working time constraints, even when I had to return t the office after rehearsals which ended at 11pm and work till 2am-3am (and once 7:30am), I've been to EVERY SINGLE REHEARSAL WITHOUT FAIL. Up till now, my attendance has and still is 100%. Even if I have to be late, I still make my way to rehearsals as fast as possible.

So what does HE mean by 'this cannot happen all the time'?

And he says that "it's nothing personal, I handle this choir like a business company because we need to reach expected levels and cannot perform any less".

If this includes being irrational, talking nonsense and contradicting one's self over and over again yet still thinking one's self to be absolutely correct, then I'd rather not be involved.




I've been losing my temper very easilly these 3 weeks. My happy and good mood has been destroyed.




My thoughts are my own to know. If you want to know, ask and you shall receive. Seek and you shall find. Knock and the door shall be opened to you.

I now know what stress feels like.

Stressed to a point of depression and withdrawal. (sadly this hasn't made me lose weight)

I'm even develping eyebags. ####.

My phone lines are always open - 012-3510575 and 016-3789035

If you need anything, just call and ask. If I'm busy, I'll make it a point to get back to you as soon as possible.






And I recently gave stress to TSY. I feel like jumping off KL Tower 10 times for doing that.

I doubt she'd ever want to chat deeply with me.





God...

Forgive me for not attending church for 3 weeks in a row. I know that I've had the chance to for 2 weeks, but I refused to in order to rest myself. Please forgive me.



And I thank You for NOT answering my prayer and request as to ensure that my working hours does NOT interrupt my social life and my life of faith. I don't know what You have in mind, but I'm sincerely hoping that it'll really be good. I'm at the point of wanting to yelling at everyone in the office and walking out never to return again for their most unfeeling words and disregard for their employee's health and commitments. I thank you also for Zyra, A-Pul and Put who have given me the lenientcy I require.

And bless my blog-readers.



Good night, and Good Bye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home