Magic + Bad Luck = Wasted Marnee
yeah what it says. I recently got back into the Magic The Gathering craze. Entered a Sealed Tournament today. Paid 65 bucks. Got a bunchfull of crappy cards I could barely use in the tournament itself. Ended up losing like crap. T_T
Best of all, first round I played was against a player who later won the tournament -___- He got the best rares for red in his cards, and played them well. Dammit bloody lucky bugger T_T
And DA got ANOTHER Planeswalker. The first time he bought cards (he's only bought cards about 3 times, not a whole bunch of cards at once either), he got a planeswalker card worth 100 bucks -___-;; 2nd time, he got a card worth 40 bucks -__-;; Now, he gets ANOTHER planeswalker, worth 70 bucks -_____-;; Damnit I wanna kill him T_T his luck is seriously amazing T_T
Anyway, later we played our best Shards of Alara limited decks (the current set's cards only). I pwned both of them bad xD Even when we were playing a 3 on 3, I managed to come out winning both times xD And this was with me almost dying and to the point where I was entirely stressed up @@ By the twist of the game, they make a single mistake, and I turn the game to my favour and beat them ><
But I still think Daniel's not playing properly against me. There were plenty of times where he could've beaten me, but either by his low experience (and stubbornness in learning what to and what NOT to do) or on purpose, he just doesn't seem to put up much of a fight (unless I start off with a really bad hand). No idea why.
Anyhow, I think my playing capabilities have gotten better. I managed to use my Naya Deck (basically big POWERFUL creatures being brought out really fast) against an entirely well-made Goblin deck (basically small, EXTREMELY fast, and certain cards boost everything and keeps them alive for long periods of time to FURTHER boost them before bringing out the armada of small weenie annoyances). By right, my deck wouldn't stand a chance against it. My decks tend to border on medium and late gameplay types; because that's where all the best cards can usually be used. So against a fast deck, I'm usually cannon fodder.
BUT, I managed to win him, TWICE, with my deck! xD While he beat DA and Daniel senseless with it, I managed to win him, twice in a row too! xD In tight situations, I somehow have the right cards, and i win the game! xD
No I do NOT like it when people take me on guilt trips. It's as if they want me to do things for them so bad that they decide to misuse my feelings and high regard for friends to get what they want. If that's the kind of person they are, then I'm better off without them. It doesn't matter who they are, or how long I've known them. If they want to be an ass, then I don't need an ass for a friend whom I hold to high regard. Jokes are fine, but those too have a limit.
Anyway, I realise that I really need to have friends around to chat with almost all the time. Otherwise, I get the gloom and depression much too easily... crabborz indeed ><
okay time to go. srsly tired. am gonna die in office again. -_-
God
let not my liking towards magic become an obsession
gnite guys.
God bless everyone who still finds this blog something to look into once in a while. ^^
Best of all, first round I played was against a player who later won the tournament -___- He got the best rares for red in his cards, and played them well. Dammit bloody lucky bugger T_T
And DA got ANOTHER Planeswalker. The first time he bought cards (he's only bought cards about 3 times, not a whole bunch of cards at once either), he got a planeswalker card worth 100 bucks -___-;; 2nd time, he got a card worth 40 bucks -__-;; Now, he gets ANOTHER planeswalker, worth 70 bucks -_____-;; Damnit I wanna kill him T_T his luck is seriously amazing T_T
Anyway, later we played our best Shards of Alara limited decks (the current set's cards only). I pwned both of them bad xD Even when we were playing a 3 on 3, I managed to come out winning both times xD And this was with me almost dying and to the point where I was entirely stressed up @@ By the twist of the game, they make a single mistake, and I turn the game to my favour and beat them ><
But I still think Daniel's not playing properly against me. There were plenty of times where he could've beaten me, but either by his low experience (and stubbornness in learning what to and what NOT to do) or on purpose, he just doesn't seem to put up much of a fight (unless I start off with a really bad hand). No idea why.
Anyhow, I think my playing capabilities have gotten better. I managed to use my Naya Deck (basically big POWERFUL creatures being brought out really fast) against an entirely well-made Goblin deck (basically small, EXTREMELY fast, and certain cards boost everything and keeps them alive for long periods of time to FURTHER boost them before bringing out the armada of small weenie annoyances). By right, my deck wouldn't stand a chance against it. My decks tend to border on medium and late gameplay types; because that's where all the best cards can usually be used. So against a fast deck, I'm usually cannon fodder.
BUT, I managed to win him, TWICE, with my deck! xD While he beat DA and Daniel senseless with it, I managed to win him, twice in a row too! xD In tight situations, I somehow have the right cards, and i win the game! xD
No I do NOT like it when people take me on guilt trips. It's as if they want me to do things for them so bad that they decide to misuse my feelings and high regard for friends to get what they want. If that's the kind of person they are, then I'm better off without them. It doesn't matter who they are, or how long I've known them. If they want to be an ass, then I don't need an ass for a friend whom I hold to high regard. Jokes are fine, but those too have a limit.
Anyway, I realise that I really need to have friends around to chat with almost all the time. Otherwise, I get the gloom and depression much too easily... crabborz indeed ><
okay time to go. srsly tired. am gonna die in office again. -_-
God
let not my liking towards magic become an obsession
gnite guys.
God bless everyone who still finds this blog something to look into once in a while. ^^


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home