Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Real Emotion

What can I do for you?

I came to the office today, feeling nothing particularly different. It was the normal 15 minutes walk to the restaurant, breakfast, and the normal next 10-15 minutes walk to the office building.

What can i do for you (yeah heh)
What can i do for you (oh no no yeah)
What can i do for you
I can hear you
What can i do for you (oh oh)
What can i do for you (ooh baby yeah)
What can i do for you


As I sat down staring at the monitor waiting for my machine to restart, I felt it. The wave just came rushing all too suddenly, sweeping over my head and drenching me from within.

ano hi kokoro no kanata ni egaiteta basho ni iru
tohou ni kuretetari suru keredo mou modorenai


The sudden urge to cry just... Appeared from within. As I sat there staring at the flashing lights on my monitor and the stagnant pictures on the newspaper spread across the table, I closed my eyes and fought back the tears.

yume ni mita katachi to wa
nanimokamo ga chigau


I let light pour in, showing slightly teary eyes. For what reason did I want to cry...?

genjitsu ni wa... memai sae suru

For what reason...?

riaru na sekai ni yureteru kanjyou
maketakunai
mou tada hashiru shikanai kono mune ni
kikoetekuru
kimi wa hitori jyanai


I couldn't understand. I had these random bursts of emotional depression before. I could never explain them. They're not normal, definitely no. But I realised one thing.

What can I do for you
What can I do for you
What can I do for you
I can hear you


Today wasn't going to be a nice day for me...

What can I do for you
What can I do for you
What can I do for you


kesshite furimuki wa shinai anata ni wa toyoranai
nanika ga areba kanarazu suguni kite kureru kara


True enough, I felt my confidence level nosedive. Self esteem didn't flutter away, it took bulletspeed and flew through the blockades meant to ensure it would always stay within distance to be retrieved when required.

ima boku ni dekiru koto
sore wa shinjiru koto...
shinjitsu nara kono mune ni aru


I felt down and out. The way I used to feel before. I hadn't felt it for a long time, but it seems like it came back. The question is... Why...?

riaru na sekai ni yureteru kanjyou
sasaeru no wa
sou anata ga oshietekureta subete
ima no watashi
dakara, hitori jyanai


Maybe it's because I found someone who hurts the way I do. Maybe because she gives to people who don't give back. Maybe because I can relate so well to her.

What can I do for you
What can I do for you


Maybe it's also because... She trusts me.


What can I do for you
What can I do for you
What what what
What can I do for you
What can I do for you


Enough trust that makes me feel... Less useless and more wanted... In this world...

I can hear you

Trusted as a friend. Without it, I'm nothing more than a bag of flesh and bones.

riaru na sekai ni yureteru kanjyou
kanjitemo
anata ga me o tojita nara soko ni iru
kizuna ga aru
dakara, hitori jyanai

riaru na sekai ni yureteru kanjyou
maketakunai
mou tada hashiru shikanai kono mune ni
kikoete kuru
kimi wa hitori jyanai

What can i do for you (yeah heh)
What can i do for you (oh no no yeah)
What can i do for you
I can hear you
What can i do for you (ooo oh)
What can i do for you (ooh baby yeah)
What can i do for you (yeah, heh)

I can hear you

I can hear you



God

If you're still listening

Thank you.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

*hugs*

i'm glad that this time for you, it wasn't a burst of negative emotions ya.

i'm glad that you have such a friend who trusts in you, who values you as a friend. i'm sure its because she feels your trust and value in her too ya?

-suyin-

5:33 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home